Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Holly's RockStar Baby Shower

Theme: Rockstar Baby
We had so much fun planning this shower for my sister Holly. She's about ready to pop! 80)
1. We got some old vinyl records from the DI and covered the label, front and back with fun paper and hung them from the ceiling and used them as part of the center pieces.
2. This what the dessert table looked like. The items in the blue margarita glasses were some of the mom-to-be's cravings.
3. For the Centerpieces and Favors we found star shaped candle holders at the dollar store and filled them with rocks. Then we put or favors( Rock Candy Stick we bought online) at each point of the star.
4. I made this little tin for the parents to be to write little sweet moments they have with their child so they can share them later. Also the guests wrote some tips and put them inside as well.
5. We hung tissue paper pom poms all over the room.
6. Gotta love the banner!
7. My SIL Kaylee made this fab cake. She did a great job! Thanks Kaylee!
I made some fun onsies some done with a freezer paper stencil and some I put fabric ties on them. I also did my standard but fab wipes case.

Some of the other guest did great handmade gifts as well so here's my shout out to them.
1 & 2. My Grandma Cobb did these neat little blocks and a cute blanket.
3. My Aunt Mindy crochet these darling little booties and a matching hat. I love love love them! So fab Min!
4. My sister's SIL and best friend Sara made a super cute diaper cake. I love the diapers, they have polka dots on them (bought at Target).

And last but most certainly not least. My mom is Whiz at quilts she designed and made this fab Guitar quilt because baby's room is kinda a rock and roll style. Mom you worked so hard on this quilt and it turn out AMAZING!
Well I hope you all enjoyed. Stay tuned for my next post. I have been going crazy making cute flowers and ribbon bows. I hope to start selling them soon. So more info to come on that! 80)
Have Fun
Truly, Mrs.Gifted


1 comment:

mackyton said...

Hey! This is such a different kind of theme. My sister is going to have a baby boy but she doesn’t know about it. I am organizing a baby shower and a gender reveal party for her. I still have to look for one of the best NYC venues for the day. It was nice coming across this post.