Sunday, July 19, 2009

This Party's A ZOO!!!


These are the pictures from the 2nd baby shower I did. The theme of course is ZOO Animals. It was a big success. The 1st picture is of a diaper cake I made on the fly after finding extra diapers from the centerpieces. The little animals that adorn the cake were hand crocheted by a friend of mine. She does an amazing job and they were a big hit!!! Just goes to show those little touches really do make a big difference.

This was the table set up.


The center pieces are scrapbook paper stapled in a cylinder with rolled up diapers in the middle for mommy to take home and also to hold it down.
These are the favors we did that went into the centerpieces with the little wooden animal on a stick. It was a very simple favor with multi color salt water taffy's on a skewer stick. I made the little thank you tags with my Cricut and stamped a footprint on them.
For drinks I made these sweet tags that went around the top of the water bottle and a single serve Lemonade to Go packet was slipped in the little pocket. The tag is embellished with the baby's monogram.
I am not a big games person so for this shower we had a table set up with fabric paint, foam brushes, stencils, and onsies for people to paint. It was a great project and for the little ones we had another tables set up for them to make little zoo animal puppets on a stick. There were so many cute onsies decorated that would be a whole other post!

My sister Shelly(mistress of fabric paint as we lovingly dubbed her) Made this and many others.
My Mother(master sewer/quilter/idea soundboard/AMAZING woman) made this beautiful quilt with a pattern of the giraffe she made herself and did some cute coordinating flannel blankets!!!

I'm so happy everyone loves the party and enjoyed themselves.
Truly, Mrs. Gifted
P.S. That little pink emblem on most of the pictures is my new design tag. Yea! 80)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You r the bomb Missy!!! Now I know where u get all your talent. YOUR FAMILY. That quilt is beautiful.

Nat